This course is available as an 'in house' option.
Our trainer can deliver this course anywhere within the UK for up to 12 delegates, conveniently at your venue or one of ours.
Please click here to contact us for details.
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire. Please consider the following rules for attendance:
• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
• If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied Special considerations are:
• A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course OR
• A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
• If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
A maximum of 12 delegates are allowed and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
Successful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers each day. A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
All delegates will be given an up to date First Aid manual for their personal use.
Excellent course. Delivered with confidence and understanding of different learning abilities - CITB SMSTSIan Bowker, A L Coombs
Great knowledge, good teaching skills, kept a great deal of interest. Excellent. Good Explanations and great class participation - SMSTS RefresherGraham Wooton, BAM Construction
Best course delivery EVER seen! - Brilliant! - CITB, SMSTSJonathan Cottrell, Skanska
Excellent, very informative and delivered by an excellent lecturer - IOSH Managing SafelyRobert Evans-Meese, Anochrome